Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Reflections


Greetings, Dear Reader! Here we are again... at long last. Believe it, or not, I started 2021 with "The Plan" - a set of writing goals, broken down by month, geared toward finishing a handful of projects I've juggled for way too long, and, maybe, having something new published by now. Well, let's just say 2021 didn't go exactly as I planned....


In many ways it turned out better than I could have imagined. Even if I didn't stick with "The Plan.It was working, for the first five weeks or so. Then, LOML threw a wrench ring on it, and asked if I'd run off to Vegas to get married! Needless to say, I dropped "The Plan" for "The Bigger Plan," and a week later we were Mr. & Mrs. W 💗

So, that was THE big event of the year for us, and we couldn't be happier. We also got some projects around the house done, our entire household was able to be vaccinated, I started a new day job, my sister and her husband welcomed a new son, our kids went back to school on campus and had their first performances (cello/clarinet) in almost two years ... it seems this year we were able to count blessing after blessing - sometimes, it seemed, in spite of the pandemic. Almost.   

Though I never got back on track with "The Plan," I did maintain a presence on WDC and managed to write a few pieces I'm proud of. But, 2021 is hours from over, and I have "The Plan" for 2022 all set to go. And, it includes posting updates here at least once a month. Which I'll start working on tomorrow, because, it's time to go send off 2021 in proper fashion.... 

If it's already 2022 for you, Happy New Year! For the rest, be safe, and have fun for the rest of 2021 - I'll catch ya next year 🥳

Wishing you a beautiful 2022,

~Roari 

No comments:

Post a Comment