Friday, June 18, 2021

Oceans

 


Oceans
Rising, falling,
With each swell and ebb,
Just beyond the break,
Feet lifting off sandy floor,
Suspended,
Floating, drifting,
Weightless,
Insignificant 
To the unseen
Raw, primitive power
Driving current veins,
Ever churning below,
Kept, in tow
By the moon.
The stars,
Innumerate,
Multiplying infinitely
Across an endless glass surface, 
Scattered 
By breaching behemoths
Catching breath between
Verses of their song,
Of love, of longing,
Their notes echoing 
For fathoms,
Joining the chorus
Of a vast world
Ever moving, ever changing,
Ever shaping
The face of Earth,
With only the stars
To bear wizened witness 
To the artistry at work,
Over eons and ages,
As the Oceans keep, 
In delicate balance,
Life.

🌊🌊🌊

Oh how I long to be in the Pacific, out there, just beyond the break.... It's been far too long - since I've been in the ocean, and since I've posted here. 

Life is something like the tides, I think. When things are going well, the tide is high. When they're not, the tide is out , leaving bare our flaws, self consciousness, anger and fears - all strewn about like discarded kelp, driftwood and miscellaneous debris. 

I've been riding the high tide for most of 2021 so far, in spite of COVID-19. Somewhere amid all of the worry and stress the pandemic brought upon us, after twenty-three years, LOML and I finally decided to get married! 

We pulled everything together in one week, and ran off to Vegas. Due to the pandemic, it was just us. And, aside from not having our kids, family and friends there, it was perfect. We'll celebrate with our loved ones on our first anniversary next year.

My ring is a beautiful aquamarine, which gets its name from Roman for water and ocean. Also known as the mermaid's stone, sailors have carried aquamarines with them for protection when out to sea. They're also said to bring calm and happiness to those who wear them. I can say, I've never been happier than I've been since LOML put it on my finger.

Now, I need to get my feet back on the ground, and fingers back to the keyboard. I'm way behind on my writing goals for this year. Don't think I'll ever be "caught up," but I can try 😉

Wishing you a beautiful day, night, or sometime in the between...

Roari

No comments:

Post a Comment