Monday, December 19, 2016

You won't like how it ends....

(This post is part of the A Shadow in Doubt, ten years later, read along...)

As we near the end of reliving (via reading) Sam's 2006, there's something I have to tell you. See, when Mom was halfway through her initial read of ASID, I told her she wouldn't like the end. Magic Yoda 8-ball was right. Like it, she did not. 

Despite agreeing with my assessment, to my surprise she said she enjoyed ASID more than TSW. My warning allowed her time to prepare herself, so, she said it was okay I left it that way.  Still, I wondered what other readers - those without the benefit of my warnings - might think....





















As you can imagine, these reviews put me over the moon! But, I have a confession. I don't like the ending either.

Now, you're probably thinking, "Then, why the hell did you write it that way?" It had to be done. All too often, things don't work out the way we want them to. Such is life, isn't it? In fact, in my experience, the odds are usually against things going my way. And, if they're going to, I have to make them. We forge our own destinies. Which is exactly why ASID had to end the way it does. Because it's Sam's life, and though it's far from perfect, she's determined to make her own fate, regardless of what the Future has planned.

We're almost to the end... I hope you'll forgive me! I promise, book three is full full of surprises, including first-time appearances by some of the Society's founding members!

I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season, and a beautiful day, night, or some time in the between....
  
Roari






No comments:

Post a Comment