Friday, November 6, 2015

November News: Aliens and an Interview

November? Already? Where did this year go? It's day six of NaNoWriMo, but only my third day of writing. I'm close to hitting par for day three though, and I'm about to dive back in...after I write a quick post...

The idea for this year's attempt came to me a while ago. All I really did with it was write some notes about the two main characters, and a few paragraphs of a scene. Then I tucked it away in my treasure trove of story sparks,
thinking about it here and there since. When I decided to start it again, I thought it was going to be more of a YA read, involving aliens. Then, as I'm writing, Elle just shows up out of nowhere, and now I see something else coming out on the page. I like it, but, I don't know exactly what it is yet. So far, it's different from anything else I've written. Yes, it still involves aliens.

For me that's part of the fun of NaNoWriMo. How about you?

What other excitement is in my little world lately? Cynthia Morgan, author of The Dark Fey Trilogy, interviewed me for the "In the Lime Light" section of her blog, BooknVolume! My first author interview! I'm truly, incredibly honored she asked me! BooknVolume is full of her beautiful poetry, insights and samples from her books, inspiring images she's collected from around the web, and much more. (I love her Friday Fantasy posts - check out today's here.)  I'll post a link to the interview spot, once it's live You can read out chat here ;)

Okay, I think that's all the excitement I can handle for now! Back to NaNoWriMo for me....

Wherever you may be, I hope you're having a beautiful day, night, or sometime in the between....
 (and don't forget to visit Morgan at BooknVolume!)
Roari
      

Image from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment