Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Almost Midnight Ramblings....

It's well past midnight in Chicago, and the Blackhawks are in second overtime. It's not quite eleven here, but it feels later, so it's a midnight rambling! And, as I really don't know what I'm rambling about, this could be fun....






This week has been frustrating. It's no secret I'm not the most tech savvy person (though I understand more than I let on); everyone knows I'm a decade behind when it comes to social media. So, when it comes to me finally starting to figure things out with Twitter (maybe), my stupid internet breaks. No, I didn't break the internet, my internet just broke. More accurately, a malicious little extension I decided was obsolete got angry, and effed up my internet settings on its way out. I think.


Now, for some of you this would be a simple five minute task of reviewing the settings and fixing them, or restoring defaults, or what have you. I started with the basics, and moved on from there. Hour after hour. Day after day. Never have I ever been so tempted to pay someone to fix my problems before in my life. And I've had bigger problems. Needless to say, nothing productive in the way of writing or editing got done at all this week.



The funny thing is, I've been able to connect and see most everything the whole time, but when I try to comment or post, or like, or share, or upload a pic, it doesn't work. I know, this must be something in the firewall? Ugh. Googled this, Googled that - Windows forums are no help at all! But, you, technologically superior beings that you are, knew this already, didn't you?

I feel like I've wasted the week going around in circles, accomplishing nothing, and yet, somehow, it seems like everything is finally working again, as of like five minutes ago.

DO NOT ask me how - I couldn't tell you, nor do I wish do discuss it further. I've been traumatized enough!


I have the internet back, so now I can leave my house again resume internet domination ;) And, the Blackhawks just scored in triple overtime!!! On to game five.....

I hope you're having a beautiful night/morning/day, wherever you may be!
Roari





No comments:

Post a Comment