Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Another GoT OMG Moment (Spoilers!)

I know, I'm two days late, but The Purple Wedding is post-worthy regardless.  If you haven't watched Game of Thrones this week, then stop reading this entry, because I'm spoiling it all, and I don't care!

Whilst I watched waiting for more of Daenreys or Aria, we did not hear from them this week.  Aria's triumph last week will hold me for another perhaps, however, there can never be enough of the Mother of Dragons, as far as I'm concerned.

This week came perhaps my favorite moment in the Game so far.  No sooner had I said to the love of my life, "Will somebody please kill Joffrey already?" And they did!  Though I muttered "And please let Tyrion be the one to do it," - for he deserves the satisfaction - I didn't want him to be framed!  (I was pissed about the way he sent Shae away, but I get it, he's trying to save her life.  The woman didn't listen to reason before!)

I kid you not, it happened just like that.  I think I asked right before King Joffrey "cut" the cake, and I think it was no more than two minutes later, he started "choking."  It will probably go down as one of my favorite moments in TV history.

I believe I know who it was.  I know, I can read ahead, but as I've said before, I don't want to spoil the show!  On the second watching, I decided they did a good job of setting up the whodunnit, but if you watch the cup ... I think there is only one conclusion that can be drawn.  Who was it that first cried for the "fools" to aid their king? And his bride didn't look all that surprised to me...

Joy of victory aside, I will be sorry to see Jack Gleeson go - it was a beautiful death, Jack, well played.   (In all seriousness) he did such a good job of making me hate him, and because I can't (or don't want to) believe anyone could be so despicable in real life, I'll admit, I'll be looking forward to his next project.

But, it was appropriate.  He needed to go.  The little prick had it coming.  And it was so well timed, what with the new queen Marjorie becoming, if not already, so well loved by the people of King's Landing.  Who would oppose her ascension to the throne?

Cersei.  She is smarter than this - she must be, or I may lose faith in the show.  Or Jaime - Tyrion just went out of his way to help him.  One of them has to come through, because if Tyrion goes next, well.... Can't help it, and I won't know until I read the books if it is all the writing, or Peter Dinklage, he's fantastic, but Tyrion may be my favorite character.  He definitely has some of the best lines.

One thing Game of Thrones has proven to me so far, perils at nuptials in Westeros are plentiful it seems, not even the groom is safe!  Definitely not on my list of venues.  

Roari